Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan Riley

Man, that is a lot of Lancair flying!
-Ryan
Lancair ES Instructor
LOBO Webmaster
2007 Lancair ES
Dan OBrien

Hi all. Ryan and George (and anyone else involved), thanks for the great work on this forum!

Wednesday March 1 is the 1 year anniversary of my first flight in my ES. I mapped out my first year omitting local flights, about 180 hours in all. OBrienAir! I flew some of the long routes on the map multiple times! The flight from Truckee, CA (KTRK) to Cumberland, WI (KUBE) where folks live is 1298 nautical miles and I did it twice in the easterly direction without a fuel stop. Those were 6 1/2 hour legs, but honestly, they didn't feel that long with podcasts and ebooks in the headset, and believe it or not, it was a fair bit faster than commercial given all the drive time and airport time I would have had with layovers. The efficiency of this plane is amazing, matched or exeeded only by ... by ... by ... only by other Lancairs!

Happy and safe flying,
Dan
OBrienAir2.jpg
OBrienAir2.jpg (183.14 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
Happy & Safe Flying,
Dan
George Wehrung

That’s great Dan! Welcome aboard. Ryan and I both ES owners and we really love our planes.

Glad you’re here!

George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Admin
Site Admin

Dan, that's a great flight map and you beat my year by about 30 hours. Great job! These planes are a ton of fun and as George said, the ES is a great plane!

Ryan